Today Catholic's celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. I want to just touch on one thought I have on this teaching, that some may not understand or accept....
We read in the Gospel of Luke 1:28 (RSV, CE), And he came to her and said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!"
FULL OF GRACE, if "something is full, there is no room for anything else..... so in my Lectio Divina (Sacred Reading) on this passage in Scripture I hear the Angel telling Mary that she has been given so much grace (favor) from God, that there was no room for sin.... for if we also ask to be filled with grace and follow the path that Jesus has laid out for us, we also as created beings, can be free from sin.....
I thank God for His One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, and my prayer is that we will all call upon our Blessed Mother to intercede for us all.
Wisdom.... Ps 147:5 Great is our Lord, vast in power, with wisdom beyond measure.
Peace +
No comments:
Post a Comment